There are obviously lots of changes at the salon and in the way we complete your services upon reopening due to the virus. We have been working hard behind the scenes to ensure your safety and that of the team. These changes that affect your appointment and the way the salon functions are in line with government guidelines, your safety and that of our team will always be at the forefront of our minds.
Please read carefully - We have tried to list most of the changes below in clear sections to hopefully make it easy for everyone to understand. We know it’s a lot to take in but it’s important that we all work together.
- New clients where appropriate will have a virtual consultation to assess their service needs and ensure the right appointment time is allocated.
- If not possible in-salon consultations will be done at the styling station and via the mirror to minimise face-to-face interaction.
- We will not be accepting walk-ins, appointments must be pre-booked.
- Please contact us and re-arrange your appointment, at no additional cost, if you have a temperature or any other Covid symptoms. Do not come to the salon if anyone you live with has symptoms or is self-isolating.
- Please arrive at the time agreed to maximise social distancing.
- We ask that clients please attend their appointments alone.
- Clients must minimise what they bring - as you will be asked to keep all belongings with you.
- Please wait outside the salon until your allocated appointment time whereby a team member will come outside to greet you.
- Enter the salon wearing a face mask (if you do not have one, one will be provided but there maybe a charge at cost price).
- Upon arrival immediately use the hand sanitiser located on the wall close to reception.
- You will be escorted to your stylists’ section ASAP to avoid congestion in the waiting area.
- Small bottles of alcohol sanitiser and paper towels are situated on your styling station - please use for your phone before you use in salon etc.
- We ask that you pay using card or cashless means where possible - we have increased contact less payments to £45. Some clients will be asked to prepay to limit the time in the salon.
- We would ask you where possible to leave the salon and telephone or book online to make your new appointments, this could be done immediately upon exit?
- We have rearranged the salon space to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- We have staggered and extended the salon opening times and days to enable far fewer staff in and actually working at any one time.
- Screens have been installed at reception.
- Screens have been installed in-between wash basins.
- Screens have been installed in-between rear sections.
- We have removed some of the soft furnishings and replaced with ones easily sanitised.
- Waiting areas have been arranged to adhere to social distancing.
- No magazines are available now in the salon at present due to cross contamination.
- Limited refreshments are available at present in the salon using recyclable paper cups. Please feel free to bring a drink with you.
- Gift vouchers to be supplied electronically.
- New card machine that is contact less up to £45.
- The toilet is available and will be kept as clean as possible, we ask that clients play their part in this if they need to use.
Sanitisation & Health
- All affected surfaces will be cleaned regularly and wiped with the appropriate sanitiser between each appointment.
- All items of equipment will be disinfected before and after every service. UV sterilizer disinfection box for salon tools.
- Disposable or freshly washed gowns and towels will be used at all times.
- Where necessary PPE will be replaced after every client.
- The Salon has an extensive ventilation system that circulates fresh air around the salon and also supplies the air conditioning unit with clean fresh outside air.
- All team members have been instructed to care for our customers in a safe, hygienic and professional manner.
- All team members will wear gloves, masks and aprons where appropriate and wash their hands before and after every client interaction.
- All team members have been briefed to not attend the salon if they have a temperature, or are feeling unwell or if any person in their household is unwell or is self-isolating.
- We have reviewed our service menu and removed any that we feel will be high risk at this time.
- Some of the beauty services will have a small COVID-19 surcharge (£2.50) so that we can allow extra time for sanitising (most services this cost will be absorbed by the salon).
We are happy to discuss any of your individual concerns, please feel free to call the salon or speak with a member of the team?
We reserve the right to amend or adjust these guidelines based on government policy and new research to protect the safety of all our staff and clients.